self love. if i had to boil this blog down to a single phrase, self love is what it is all about.
why write about self love?
during this journey of reflection and introspection, i can pinpoint the exact moment in the 7th grade when self-doubt crumbled my budding self-esteem. for the next 17 years, i allowed that singular moment to erode my self-image, my self-worth, and i made decisions because i lacked enough self-love to make “different” decisions. during this time, i surrounded myself with people who confirmed and validated all the negative self talk. then one day, it all just clicked, & i said to hell with the bullsh*t! no one has control over how i feel and treat myself. my hope is that at least one person reads these words and realizes:
- ”what other people think of you is none of your business!” ~deepak chopra
- someone else’s views and opinions of you belong to him or her, NOT YOU. it is his/her reality and true in their world, but it is only true in your world, should you allow it to be.
- the love we all go out into the world searching for is closer than we know, and is waiting patiently to be discovered when you are ready.
- you matter.
- you are worthy and worth it.
- above all else: You Are Beautiful Just As You Are (YABJAYA!)
here’s to manifesting peace and love, then making different choices.